Katha is a organic cotton throw / blanket masterfully hand embroidered by a unique group of artisan women in India. The fringes are neatly hand rolled by our artisans. Highlight of the light weight throw is the unique hand embroidery created by a small community of women artisans who collaboratively develop this pattern, which means each piece is extremely unique and the same pattern is not exactly replicated , to maintain the purity and connection with their craft. It takes a few weeks to develop one single piece.
We have named this piece Katha, which means in Hindi a community song which is motivational in nature. Katha throw / bedspread / blanket luxuriously combines heritage value and high quality craftsmanship. As this luxurious textile is completely handmade from start to finish, each piece is unique. Classic in design, this timeless throw / blanket has heritage value and will enhance interior spaces and also support artisan communities ethically.
Size: 79" x 39" (200 cm x 100 cm)
Material: 100 % rain fed organic cotton from India.
Colors: Embroidery in shades of soft cream, light brown , beige on white base ( undyed organic cotton )
Artisan Base : Ethically handwoven by master artisans in India
Wash care: Gently hand wash with cold water and hang dry or delicately dry clean only.
What Makes Your Purchase Sustainable ?
- Support employment of cluster of women artisans & farmers.
- Supporting local small farms that cultivate indigenous organic cotton.
- Low carbon foot print as the cotton is 100% rain-fed.
- 100% handmade manufacturing process by artisans.
- Use only 100% natural + biodegradable responsibly sourced materials.
- Small batch production ensures higher quality less wastage.
- Each product comes in reusable cotton pouches also made by our artisans.