Katha Organic Cotton Throw
Katha throw / blanket is masterfully hand embroidered by a unique group of artisan women in India. Rooted over many generations in their heritage, this type of hand embroidery work is unique to the artisan cluster who is behind each piece of Katha Throw.
The fringes are neatly hand rolled by our artisans. Created by a small community of women artisans who collaboratively develop this pattern, which means each piece is extremely unique and the same pattern is not exactly replicated , to maintain the purity and connection with their craft. It takes a few weeks to develop one single piece.
We have named this piece Katha, which means in Hindi a community song which is motivational in nature. Katha throw / bedspread / blanket luxuriously combines heritage value and high quality craftsmanship. As this luxurious textile is completely handmade from start to finish, each piece is unique. Classic in design, this timeless throw / blanket has heritage value ,will enhance interior spaces , is a thoughtful unique gift and also support artisan communities ethically.
Throw 79" x 39" (200 cm x 100 cm)
Queen Bedspread 83" X 98" ( 210 cm X 250 cm )
Material: 100 % rain fed organic cotton from India.
Colors: Embroidery in shades of soft cream, light brown , beige on white base ( undyed organic cotton )
Artisan Base : Ethically handwoven by master artisans in India
Wash care: Gently hand wash with cold water and hang dry or delicately dry clean only.
What Makes Your Purchase Sustainable ?
- Support employment of cluster of women artisans & farmers.
- Supporting local small farms that cultivate indigenous organic cotton.
- Low carbon foot print as the cotton is 100% rain-fed.
- 100% handmade manufacturing process by artisans.
- Use only 100% natural + biodegradable responsibly sourced materials.
- Small batch production ensures higher quality less wastage.
- Each product comes in reusable cotton pouches also made by our artisans.